Morway's Moving Information
- Educating our customers on the moving industry
- Local Moving
- Long Distance Moving
- Packing and Unpacking Services
- International Coordinating
- Office Relocation
- Home and Office Rearrangement
- Loading and Unloading Services
- Crating and Shipping Services
- Free Estimates
- Specialty Moving
Calculating Actual Do-It-Yourself Costs
The American Moving and Storage Association has provided the following information regarding actual costs incurred when moving without a professional moving company. For more information, please log onto www.Moving.org.
If you are considering moving yourself, especially moving interstate, you should ask a lot of questions and compute the actual costs of self-moving.
Before you sign an agreement with a truck rental company, here are some costs to keep in mind:
- Truck rental charge - Include total days for packing, loading, driving and unloading.
- Rental Deposit.
- Trailer Package or Automobile hitch.
- Wear and tear if you drive your personal vehicle - average $0.45 per mile.
- Insurance - daily insurance rate.
- Furniture pads.
- Appliance dollies.
- Value of your time and other family members involved in the packing, loading, driving, unloading and unpacking.
- Cost of boxes, cartons, tape and other packing materials plus trash and land fill fees for getting rid of the debris after your move is finished.
- Loading and unloading service.
- Additional mileage.
- Fuel charge - $3.00 per gallon / 10 miles per gallon.
- Appliance service cost.
- Warehouse / storage rental cost.
- Additional truck rental to deliver from the storage warehouse.
- Additional costs - food, child care, back brace, hotels, tolls.